VACANCY: School Caretaker (Casual)
School: Mount Pleasant Primary School
Contract Type: Casual
Working Pattern: Term Time
Hours per Week: 5 hours per day (split shift)
Closing date: Friday 7th May 2021 (12pm)
Commence: As soon as possible
We are a brand-new school and are seeking to appoint a casual caretaker who (in the absence of the substantive caretaker) will work to support the school in all areas of maintenance, cleanliness, health and safety and security. The successful candidate will work closely with the Headteacher and School Business Manager to ensure that pupils, staff, governors and visitors are able to work in a welcoming, clean and safe environment.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- a hardworking and reliable individual who will play a key part in maintaining and improving our school environment and who will have a sense of pride in their role and in our school.
- able to maintain high standards of cleanliness/workmanship within the school and be competent and confident in carrying out building maintenance work i.e. minor plumbing, repairs, joinery etc. in an efficient and safe manner to a high standard.
- able to organise and prioritise work effectively and be reliable with time-keeping.
- aware of health and safety requirements and be able to identify any health and safety risks and deal with accordingly.
- able to work on their own initiative and be proactive.
The successful candidate will be required to work split shift from Monday to Friday, with the morning shift starting at 6.30am to 9am and the afternoon shift starting from 3pm to 5.30pm.
Mount Pleasant Primary School is a thriving, happy and successful school. We have good links with our local community and work hard to ensure pupils have positive, enriching experiences during their time with us.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
If you would like to be considered for this position, then we would like to hear from you. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate visits to the school due to Covid-19 restrictions, but please do take a virtual tour of our school through the videos listed on this website.
To apply for this job, please download and complete the application form attached. A CV is not required.
Application forms need to be submitted via email marked for the attention of the Headteacher via firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is by 12pm on Friday 7th May 2021. Please note that only correct and fully completed application, submitted before the closing deadline, will be considered.